Peace, Love, and Underpants

The Random and Sometimes Relevant Rantings of a Strange Little Girl

gMail: dragonflyhollow

Friday, February 09, 2007

It's Been Nutty

So, let's see, it's been an insane couple of weeks. Where shall I start? Oh yeah... so, anyone want me to send out some pics of the snowstorms we've had? Burn you a cd? Share some of our vast collection of videos? Well, tough. A couple of weeks ago, after defragmenting our hard drives, one of them freaked out and erased itself. ALL of the aforementioned things were on there. All of our music, picture files, *ahem* adult entertainment, and videos were on there. VERY upset. Also, brainiacs that we are, we haven't backed up our files in over a year. Grrr. And of course, it would apparantly take $600-$800 to retrieve any info on there(according to the Geek Squad). Screw that. Fortunately, we've got most of the really important bits stored elsewhere, like Photobucket, FlickR, and just about all of our music (as of a year ago, anyhow) is on the iPod, so we can get that back. Still, we're looking at many many hours of re-downloading stuff, and cruising for more pretty pictures and such.

Thank the Gods, our wedding invitations were saved on the drive that was not erased. I would have cried. A lot. When you put that many hours into a gigantic Photoshop project, losing it is like losing a limb. Ok, too dramatic.... maybe like losing a finger. One you don't use much. ;)

In other techy news, we got a new laptop! Ordered it custom off the HP website, dropped just over 2 grand on it, and then guess what? They delivered it to THE WRONG ADDRESS!!! I was looking at the tracking on FedEx, and at the point that it said it had been delivered an hour or so previous, I freaked since I didn't have it yet. Plus, it said it was signed for by someone I'd never heard of. Talk about panic! So I called our apartment complex leasing office, thinking maybe it was delivered there and someone there signed for it, only to find they don't have any employees with that name, and they had had no deliveries for us. Next panic call was to FedEx, to whom I made it abundantly clear that this was a completely unacceptable situation that needed to be fixed right fucking now. They got the point, and were quick to assure me that although our package was delivered to the wrong address(some house, maybe a few miles away), and signed for by a random person for whom the package was not intended, it hadn't been long and they would send the driver back to get it right away and make sure it was re-delivered, to me, that same day. Well, it took longer than they said it would, but it did show up. In the meantime, of course, we were both freaking out because, well, what happens if the people who signed for it opened it? What if they took some stuff? Maybe even used it? Well, thank goodness, when it finally did arrive, the package was very obviously intact. We were SO relieved!

Mr.M came home yesterday, for the first time since the laptop[finally]arrived. I didn't want to open it without him, since this was our Christmas gift to each other, and damn, it's freaking gorgeous! It's a widescreen, and has just endless amounts of nifty features. I have no idea what they are, but they're cool. We also picked up a wireless router, so we can use the internet on both computers when he's home. Of course the laptop disappeared with Mr.M when I dropped him back off at his truck this morning. *sniff* But that's ok, I get to play with it when he's home, and it's way more for his entertainment on the road right now anyway. He wasn't able to play any of his games on the old laptop, and now he can play them all(Age of Empires, Star Wars Empire at War, stuff like that)! Not to mention the fact that it's way better for playing movies! Yay!

Back to wedding crap for a minute, then I'll stop rambling. The invites took a bit longer to assemble than I thought, but they're almost done, and I hope to be able to take them to the post office for mailing on Monday. Depending on how things go on Saturday night, and how I feel on Sunday, hehehe. Oh yeah, I didn't mention that did I? I'm going to MeadFest on Saturday night with The Chef and some friends! YAY!! I don't drink much(usually not at all), but the idea of being able to try soooooo many different kinds of mead and wine, well, forget it. I'm there. You pay your $35, get a glass, and let the boozing begin! Hurrah! And Mom, don't worry, I won't overdo it, I promise. Fortunately it's at a hotel(in my town, no less!)so some of the folks are splitting the cost of a room so noone really has to drive. This is good for me, means I have plenty of time to hang out and sober up after the 'fest closes before I have to drive home. Worst case, I call a cab to get home and then convince someone to take me to get my Rav the next day. Heh. Either way, noone will be driving while hammered, or even slightly drunk. Such a good thing. I'm so glad I have friends that are insane enough to be crazy and have a good time, and responsible enough to not kill themselves/others in the process. Yay! I'll bring my little digital camera and maybe post some photos next week.

1 Comments:

Blogger Azathoth100 said...

I LOVE YOU!
Glad things are going good. Loking forward to the invite. Tell Mr. Man I said hi and send him a big hug (just a hug though, the rest of the physical stuff is up to you to do to him. Heh). I miss you little one, and will try and call soon.

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home