Peace, Love, and Underpants

The Random and Sometimes Relevant Rantings of a Strange Little Girl

gMail: dragonflyhollow

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Post-Thanksgiving Post (heh)

Hello, all! I am very glad to say that we had a very successful Thanksgiving, and boy were we thankful! The football game was watched, the Broncos won(hurrah!), and the food was awesome. Yes, we actually made our first turkey dinner all on our own, and it was great!! The turkey(11.5 lbs, we wanted leftovers and boy do we have them! I wish I could send some to e in Australia) was just a touch dry, but the gravy I made from the drippings was really really good, not lumpy or anything, and so that cancelled out the dryness. We totally overdid it on the smooshed taters, but that's ok... all I could think of [upon seeing the sheer volume of them when they were all smooshed and done] was that it was too bad my UncleJ wasn't here to help us eat them! He's the huge tater fan in the family(besides me, but I can't eat nearly as much). I worked my way through about a third of a drumstick, some taters, some stuffing, and some cranberry sauce. Oh, and some frozen nuked sliced carrots with butter and brown sugar. I wanted to get a block of frozen squash, but they didn't have any at the King Soopers(yep, the spelling is correct!). Mr.M, on the other hand, had 2 huge plates of food, including an entire breast! Go Mr.M!! I had a Thanksgiving sandwich for dinner last night, which is my favorite leftover... some stuffing, some turkey, a bit of gravy, and cranberry sauce, all smashed between some bread. Mmmmm. Messy, but mmmmm. That's what paper towels are for!

Also, go check out my FlickR, there are more turkey pics and also more squirrel pics... last week when it snowed, there was this cute little squirrel sitting on a squirrel-sized branch on the tree right outside our balcony. Mr.M told me to run and get the camera, because the cutest thing... he was using his tail like an umbrella!! Just sitting there, still as can be, with his tail up and over his entire body as a little snow-sheild! It was so adorable... and the squirrels here are super friendly, too. They'll come and eat right out of your hand! I'll be walking down the sidewalk to the car, and they run right up to within a foot of you, to see if you have any food for them. I've never seen a squirrel that close in my life, not even in squirrel-infested CT, where there's a ton of them but they're super skittish.

Well anyway, I hope everyone had a lovely holiday, and I miss everyone so much... Maybe next year we can come back for Thanksgiving or Christmas...

2 Comments:

Blogger Azathoth100 said...

Glad you had a good dead turkey day. Miss you lots.

10:33 PM  
Blogger ezri.blue said...

That looks spectacularly yummy and I just know you put those photos up there to tempt me.

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home