Peace, Love, and Underpants

The Random and Sometimes Relevant Rantings of a Strange Little Girl

gMail: dragonflyhollow

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

This is Gonna be a Big One

Ok, so I think I've figured out what's wrong with me and posting. I keep thinking, geez, if e can post on practically a daily basis, then why the heck can't I post at least once a week? Well, my current theory is that I let way too much build up. On the way out here from CT I wrote about 5 posts in my head, and then we got here and so much has happened that I just don't have a clue where to start anymore. So here's the deal. This is going to be a nice long post, and I'll try and touch on as much as I can that's happened so far since arriving. Then I think it'll be easier to sit and post things more often. Ready? Here goes!

Part 1: The Sky, and Nature's Boobies

Once we entered Colorado while driving here, I happened to be the lucky one in the driver's seat since Mr.M was beat from driving most of the way so far and was taking a nap. Living on the East coast for all of my life, with all of its trees, and cramped cities and neighborhoods and such, I had never seen much more than the sky immediately above, with the [notable] exception of the ocean. Well, picture that endless horizon, take out the water, expand it in ALL directions, and drive through the middle; to say the least I was blown away. Fortunately we were nearly alone on the road as I couldn't stop staring from side to side, at all that SKY, beautifully clear blue with white puffy clouds all over, and I daresay I may have drifted a bit from time to time. It was as if the vastness of the sea had jumped up into the sky and I was driving right through the middle of the ocean floor. Then, as Mr.M woke up and took the driver's seat again, and we got further west, the conversation went something like this:

Me: "Holy crap, look at those mountains!!"
Him: *laughs* "Those aren't mountains."
Me: "What the [expletive deleted] do you mean, those aren't mountains?!"
Him: "Those are just the foothills; wait 'till you see the actual mountains!"
Me: "But they're so big, and beautiful!" *pause* "They're like nature's boobies."

And so they are. Unfortunately, as we drove into town there was a serious cloud cover over said mountains, so I wasn't able to see them. But I have since, as you guys have seen on my flickR albums, and they simply take my breath away.

Part 2: Mmmmmm... The Food

Again, where to begin? How about the first place we went to, a place that Mr.M had been talking my ear off about since we met... Black Eyed Pea. That would have been a link, but unfortunately they don't have a website except for the location in Texas, and it's a lot different than the ones here. I'll have to take a picture of one and post it, maybe I'll take a picture of the menu too... Basically, it's a family oriented dine-in place, and the prices are good, and the portions are HUGE! Mr.M's fave that he was craving from afar in CT is the country-fried steak, one of many dishes in this country that would probably be considered a heart attack on a plate, but I tried some of his, and it's YUMMY! Except for the white gravy-like substance. I know it's very common here and in the south, but well, I just plain don't like it. Oh, and that heart attack on a plate thing? My salad wasn't much better! Yep, I said SALAD. I wasn't super hungry, so I saw this salad with bleu cheese crumbles, bits of steak, and fried mushrooms, and ordered it. Sounds good, right(if you like that sort of thing)? Well, it showed up on a plate the size of Gibraltar, with the yummy aforementioned bits of [cooked to order] steak, and breaded, DEEP-FRIED WHOLE mushrooms in a huge pile on top! Needless to say, I ate that thing for 3 days! Ok, moving on to our other favorite so far, L&L Hawaiian Barbecue. My favorite is the bbq mix plate lunch (which I can eat for 2 days), that has bbq chicken, beef, and short ribs, 2 scoops rice, and 1 scoop mac salad. OMG yum! And to clarify, we're not talking bbq like any you've ever tasted... It's completely unique, not even close to your typical American bbq. It's amazing! Even Mr.M never leaves hungry. Ever. So let's see, what else... There's the Hamburger Stand, Fazoli's, Village Inn (kinda like Denny's but way better, yummy strawberry crepes!), Blackjack and Papa John's pizza(they deliver, yay!), Good Times, Hacienda Colorado, Schlotzsky's(funny name, serious sandwich; and boy oh boy, they ain't kiddin'!), and last but not least(that I can remember right now, anyway), SONIC!!!! I've been seeing Sonic commercials on TV for the past 2 years, and there's not one within 3 states of CT, so it was a horrible tease... Well now we got 'em, and I love 'em! I have just discovered another place that I'm dying to go to called Noodles & Company, so I'll let you all know if it's as good as it looks. And boy does it look good!

Part 3: Other Stuff

Mr.M is, right now, finishing up his last day of actual classwork for school. He has tomorrow off, and then he goes out on the road for his driving training. He's so excited! He has gotten 100's on almost all of his tests, and a few between 95-98, so he's looking at a very high total average, and he's at the top of his class! I am so super-proud of him! As for me, I'm just about done with my first month at Contact One call center, the answering service that I've been hired at here. I have finally seemed to get the hang of the computer system, and don't have to ask TOO many questions anymore, but with 700+ accounts, I answer a new one at least once every day that I haven't seen before, so some questions are inevitable. But it's a good job, and the pay is good, and all the people I work with are really nice. I'm quite relieved that I like the people I work with, after so long working alone and just a few hours a week with others! The apartment has reached a standstill as far as unpacking, we still have a heap more to do, but since we've unpacked all the necessities, we have become decidedly lazy about it. It'll get done, though, eventually! And as soon as it is, I'll be posting more pictures of it, but sorry, not until then!

Well, I think that about covers it for now... Except that I miss everyone so much, and can't wait to come back and visit when we can! I know I always say something like, "And I promise to post again real soon," but nope, not this time. Maybe I was jinxing myself. So, bye, hope everyone's well, and I'll post when I post! {{{HUGS}}}

2 Comments:

Blogger ezri.blue said...

You lack discipline! You should be posting every day! (you have to pretend that was said in an Arnie voice from his Kindergarten Cop days)

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU WENT TO SONIC!!! Holy shit, when I was in Arizona there was one IN THE TOWN I was staying in, and we didn't get to go!! I'm sooooo jealous; I used to HATE seeing those damn Sonic commercials in CT cause there wasn't one around for AGES! (I think VA not that that counts for anything)

Love you BDragon, you owe me an email ;)

4:28 PM  
Blogger Flash said...

I dig your blog. Please keep it coming. Cheers.

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home