Peace, Love, and Underpants

The Random and Sometimes Relevant Rantings of a Strange Little Girl

gMail: dragonflyhollow

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Goodbye, Bear.

My dog died this morning.

I got Bear, a beautiful little Shih Tzu, when I was 12. Now I'm 28, going on 29 in October, which makes him about 16 years old - or about a million in doggy years. I love(d) him with all my heart. He loved pizza, toast with butter & grape jelly, ritz crackers, and everyone he met(except for one of my exes, who turned out to be physically and mentally abusive; he cowered under the kitchen table and growled until he left. Good boy. I should have listened.). His favorite toy was always just an old sock with a knot tied in the middle. Any cute little plastic or stuffed toys I ever bought him, he'd just eat; but he loved killing the hell out of any sock he could get ahold of. He was full of his usual energy and happiness, sneezing all over my ankles like always, despite being mostly blind and mostly deaf, and could still sniff out a pizza at 100 yards, right up until last week, when he just stopped eating. He knew it was his time to go. He died while I was at work, sometime between midnight and 2am. He'll be buried this morning with a brand new [old] sock, with a knot in the middle of course, in my parent's garden. I can't seem to stop crying, and can hardly see the words I'm typing.

Bear, my little baby, I'll miss you so much. Goodbye.

5 Comments:

Blogger Azathoth100 said...

I'm sorry sweetie. This is why I don't have pets anymore. It's too much like loosing family. If I can do anything let me know. I love you.

5:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for your loss Brenna, I would be a wreck if anything happened to my dog. I send you E-HUGS!
Much luvs
(email me sometime, get if from Aza)
Midget

12:25 AM  
Blogger ezri.blue said...

Aw Bren I'm so sorry to hear that. =( All my love and hugs for you and do give Bear my love during the service as well.

1:21 AM  
Blogger She Must be Full of BS said...

Thanks, you guys. I miss all three of you. And thanks for sticking with my journal even though I don't update it very often. That'll hopefully change once the big move approaches; I'm trying to focus on that. Love yous.

9:06 AM  
Blogger Rex Stultorum said...

I went through very much the same thing a little over two years ago. I imagine you feel drained and "discombobulated." Cry freely, and cry hard. Cry it out. These low feelings lessen as time passes, but they lessen slowly, and they never completely vanish. There's an inviolable place in your heart, and that's where Bear will always live.

Be well ... Kind thoughts from a stranger.

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home