Peace, Love, and Underpants

The Random and Sometimes Relevant Rantings of a Strange Little Girl

gMail: dragonflyhollow

Saturday, November 12, 2005

*Sigh*

I took out my second tongue ring last night. *sniff* My dentist back in CT said that it was wreaking havoc on the back of my 2 front teeth, making the gums recede(eeew!). I guess the damage wasn't too bad though, considering I've had it in for the past 3 years, almost! But not to worry, I still have one left, and it's so far back in my mouth that it ain't goin' nowhere, nohow! Fortunately it doesn't affect any of my teeth. Still, you get used to something being in your mouth 24/7 for 3 years, and you go a little bonkers once it's gone. Well, I do, anyway. Hmmm, example; for any of you that have had braces, do you remember when you had them removed? Your mouth felt all weird for at least a weeK, right? Well, anyhow, I'm hoping to get over this in about a week also. The other thing that's kind of bumming me out is the fact that I can't stick out my tongue and freak people out anymore; one plain'ol tongue ring just seems so, well, common. I loved having 2, and barring the dental issues, I'd have kept it until I was so old that I couldn't untangle the spaghetti from around them anymore. *sigh* Well anyway, I suppose I'm still enough of a freak to get a decent amount of attention; maybe I'll get my forehead pierced!! Calm down, Mom & Dad, I'm just kidding! I am seriously overdue for another tattoo, however....

2 Comments:

Blogger ezri.blue said...

What made you wait to take out the ring when you moved, and not remove it when you were still in CT?

I remember when I had my braces removed, and you're right. You DO feel all funky and a little bit naked for awhile. Same thing happens to me now when I have to remove my toe ring for any length of time. I've been wearing it for damn near 15 years and I feel completely naked without it.

4:30 PM  
Blogger Azathoth100 said...

Sorry about the ring sweetie. Whats next for the tattoo? Maybe a full body tatoo of yourself, only larger?

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home