Peace, Love, and Underpants

The Random and Sometimes Relevant Rantings of a Strange Little Girl

gMail: dragonflyhollow

Saturday, June 02, 2007

The Wedding Time Approacheth

So it's just over a week now... June 10th is the big day! Seems like there's still so much to do, and little time to do it... have to distribute tickets, shuttle back and forth to the airport about a zillion times, put together all the wedding favors, pick up the cake, do the rehearsal, move around some furniture at the apartment to make more room, and of course, try and be the best friend that I can to my girlfriend from work(who actually just quit for a much better job), whose mother just passed away. To be honest, blogger friends, I feel selfish worrying so much about things to do with the wedding when one of my best friends just lost her mom. That is so much more important, and I'm doing my best to be there for her anytime she needs me. Thank the Gods that Mr.M is such an understanding man, and knows that if she needs me I'm going to drop everything and go running. I mean, who cares if Mr.M doesn't have pants to wear to the wedding? Like my mom said, we can just paint his ass green and hope for the best... *grin*

At any rate, I'm very excited about everything, including the fact that I've only got 4 hours(and counting)before I'm off work... for 3 whole months!! Hurrah! Also, my parents get here on Tuesday, and A gets here Thursday, then E, W and the kids on Friday, then everyone else from out of town gets here Saturday. I'm pretty sure I have that right. Hehe! I am SOOO excited to see everyone, and to see how things go with the friends and family from back east, and the new friends who have become my extended family out here in Colorado. I'm sure everything will go quite smoothly. Of course, since Mr.M's away so much, he's only met a few of my new friends out here, and will be meeting some for the very first time at the wedding! Weird, I know, but it's totally ok... we both have fantastic taste in other people, and can smell a jerk a mile off, so I'm not worried at all. I just know he'll love all these really cool people I've met!

We are very sad that there are some of our very best friends in the world that can't make it, but we understand(of course)that it's due to circumstances beyond their(and our; we offered to help with/pick up plane fare)control, and that's ok. We'll be back in CT soon enough, and will more than likely have some sort of Saturday afternoon BBQ shindig for all those who couldn't make it out here for the wedding. Stay tuned for details!

Love to everyone,
Brenna(that gigantic ball of nervous/excited energy you saw bouncing down the street the other day)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Off-topic I suppose, but does blogspot have backdating?  :>

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home