Peace, Love, and Underpants

The Random and Sometimes Relevant Rantings of a Strange Little Girl

gMail: dragonflyhollow

Monday, July 02, 2007

All About The Wedding

Sorry it's taken so long to update, but dammit, I've been busy! *giggle*

Yeesh, I hardly know where to begin... this should be probably at least 3 different entries... but ah well, time flies when you're having fun, right? So here goes... going to start back just before the wedding, and try to give a condensed version so this doesn't turn into a 5 page single blog entry!

Everyone got here safe and sound from back east. The only hitch was Ryan's suitcase, which ended up in Boston instead of Denver. He was bummed out because he had a particular outfit all ready for the wedding in there, but he still looked as stunning as ever, special outfit or not. He was accompanied by his lovely lady Leaf, who we got to meet for the first time, and I was thrilled to discover just how wonderful she is. Hurrah! So my parents, A, the whole family from back east(with the exception of a few of the kids), and E&W and their 2 adorable munchkins were all able to make it. There were a LOT of trips to be made back and forth to DIA(Denver International Airport), and if we don't have to go there again for a year we'll be happy, hehehe. Almost all of the folks we invited who live here in Colorado were able to make it, which was awesome. Mr.M finally got to meet some people who I've been hanging out with and talking to him about, and got to see The Chef again, which was awesome, even though we did spend more time with our guests from out of town; but I'm sure our in-town guests understood. Once we get back from being on the road and Mr.M finds a more local job, we'll be able to hang out more with our friends here. That's a promise, folks!

The wedding itself was incredible. We couldn't have asked for better weather, and apart from being a bit late to the fair we were still there at 10am and had an hour(albeit a very rushed hour)to get ready and dressed and such before the wedding time of 11am. Fortunately, our outfits and accessories were very simple to put together, so it didn't take more than the hour and we got to the chapel right on time. A and E walked up ahead of Dad and I through the fair, amid shouts from many of the fair vendors, i.e. "Huzzah for the bride!" while Dad was having a very sudden(and suspicious)'allergy attack'. *grin* The procession was also accompanied by a bagpiper who played us through the fair to the chapel, and then down the aisle. I was told afterwards that a few people were crying, but once we got to the beginning of the aisle and I saw Mr.M standing there, I got tunnel vision; all I remember was grinning at him all the way down the aisle and trying not to cry myself. I was also told after that I somehow managed to make eye contact with and grin at almost every guest there on my walk up to the altar, but again, all I remember was staring at Mr.M! The ceremony was VERY short, just like we wanted, and went without a hitch except for Mr.M and I stumbling over the vows a little. Our friend Noah, who presided over the ceremony, did a wonderful job, he even memorized the whole ceremony I had given him, and even wore a monk's robe for us! We can't thank him enough for being our 'pastor'. The funny part was that the ceremony itself was so short that when it was over, we were standing there and grinning, and noone else really realized it was over... I think I said something like, "That's it!" and everyone was kinda staring at us, waiting for something else to happen, hehehe... I had warned everyone that it was only going to be a 5-10 minute ceremony, but noone believed me, ha! We had NO desire to be standing up there for an hour blathering on... we just wanted to get married, say what was important to us[briefly]and then on with the fun of the rest of the day!

And let me tell you, it was definitely fun. Pictures were taken, everyone enjoyed the great buffet spread, we rode in the horse-drawn carriage with the King and Queen of the fair in the once-daily parade through the whole fair, hung out back at the buffet area for a bit, then went to stand with the King and Queen while watching a jousting match. After that was the cake, where of course we did a little smashing of the cake in each other's faces, but not too bad because we didn't want to end up with cake everywhere; even still, I found bits of cake in my cleavage much later when I got loose of the corset!

Most of our guests had a chance to go wander the fair throughout the day, but we didn't have the energy. We decided to call it a day before the fair closed; we wanted to get back to the apartment and relax a little before going to the hotel for the night. We didn't have to leave to go on the road until the following Monday, and so we decided to just go back to the fair the following Saturday to have a nice day there in regular clothes and just be touristy with a couple of our extra tickets(of which we have plenty, and we are going to hang onto them since we are going to be able to use them for next year, yay!).

I was going to continue this with what's been going on since the wedding on the road, but it's damn hard to type in the back of a moving semi. I'll upload this tonight, and will get another entry ready as soon as I can. I'm sure I'll also think of a million things that I should have put in this blog, and I'll try to get back to everything!

Much love to everyone from the happily married couple!!

PS~ Don't go changing my last name in your address books; we're staying the same as we are for now, and when the name change does happen, Mr.M will be taking my last name. Hurrah!

4 Comments:

Blogger Azathoth100 said...

Sounds like a wonderful time. Wish I could have been there sweetie. Can't wait to see pictures. Bet you guys looked awsome (also can't wait to see you in a corset). I love and miss you guys.
So he's aking your name eh? nice.

3:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bren,

Jerry and I had such an AMAZING time in CO and at the wedding!!! We can't wait to come back and visit you and Matt. SOON!!!! Love ya - can't wait to see you in CT!

Your cuz Jen

8:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Incidentally darling, the reason I turned off my phone during the ceremony was that the charger was in my luggage.  Yes, the part where I didn't turn it on again afterward was me being ditzy, but... do I need to say it again?

Wait, where are my cigarettes?  Where are my cigarettes?  Help me find my cig — oh, they're in my *hand*...

9:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home